My house has been listening to a lot of Seven Lions recently. Intrigued by the soundscape, I decided to embark on an experimental audio journey into the depths of Native Instruments’ latest synthesizer, FM8. This thing is a beast as you can modulate any waveform with another waveform and automate the amplitude of each modulation thereby creating ridiculously cool sounds. Anyways, just listen. This is a pretty dirty remix so be forewarned. But then again, you know our style.
The problem with popular songs is just that… they’re so popular there’s a huge swath of remixes and mash-ups saturating the market. It’s our job to keep it fresh and unique, and give you something totally different from whatever else you’re going to hear out there. So listen up, and prepare yourself for some sweet mesquite Texas BBQ. Electric guitar in an Electro House track? Fuck yeah. We pull it off, and with style baby! Check out our remix of “Jessie J – Domino.”
Direct link to mix: http://www.soundcloud.com/those-bloody-yanks/jessie-j-domino-electro-house-remix
I’m comin’ baby, just have those knockers ready for me.
Another day, another remix. This time it’s Rihanna’s single ‘Where Have You Been.’ Taking lyrical inspiration from a popular 50’s song “I’ve Been Everywhere” by Geoff Mack, the track is already laced with some electro thanks to Calvin Harris. I decided to go in a different direction this time and work in some progressive house sounds. Heavy and dark, like mahogany wood – smell the richness.
Direct Link to Track: http://soundcloud.com/those-bloody-yanks/rihanna-where-have-you-been-progressive-house-remix
This girl has a really cute voice, and you know she’s got some spunk in her. But man, the original track is just too cheesy for me. So, in tune with all my other remixes, I’ve taken the vocals and thrown dirt all over it, TBY! style. Enjoy!
Holy shit, is all I can say. This has got to be one of my favorite remixes to date, simply because screwing with Kelly Clarkson’s vocals was nothing but pure fun. In tradition with Major Lazer, Chuckie, Afrojack, and all the forerunners of Dirty Dutch, I bring to you Those Bloody Yanks!’s remix of Stronger, by Kelly Clarkson. Chopped up & dirtied by yours truly. Bump it!
Direct Link to Remix: http://soundcloud.com/those-bloody-yanks/kelly-clarkson-stronger-electro-dirty-dutch
Nothing to see here… only bass to feel.
Remixes are a lot of fun, because the hard stuff – the chord progression and the vocals – are already done for you! Then we get the joy of ripping up the original track and making it sound completely different than what it used to be. Then we paint blood splatter all over the original artists’ song cover. Sorry Katy, everyone gets the bloody treatment. Anyways, here it is, a new electro-banger remix just for you. Cheers!
Direct Link to File: http://soundcloud.com/those-bloody-yanks/katy-perry-part-of-me-electro-house
We could not have been more on a different page, she and I. And yet, I still fancied her beautiful and pure, for a fool’s heart was given to me from birth and my mind was not meant to listen.
It always seems like too much time passes between each Dirt 2 Vox set. On the bright side, however, it gives time for great new tracks to cycle in and for you to miss us just a little bit more. But enough sentiment. We start off the dirt portion of this set with TBY!’s very own Für Electro, then delve into some awesome tracks by Chris Quirk, Skrillex, Zedd, and Nicky Romero, to name a few. We then transition to a bit more of a progressive sound with Madeon, Mat Zo, and Laidback Luke leading the way. This episode of Dirt 2 Vox is heavy on the Vox, and definitely delivers. Carlo Astuti, EDX, and Antillas released some incredible vocal tracks this past month, and the mix will take you on a ride through the beautifully sung melodies of their work. Of particular note is “Damaged,” which borrows its melody & lyrics from Plumb’s famous track of the same name. We then transition into some deeper sounds with Parker & Hanson and Dinka, really etching out the progressive niche. Last, but not least, we land at home base with a remix of “Lady,” by Modjo – remixed by yours truly, Those Bloody Yanks!
Drink up and enjoy. We always do our mixes live and keep it old school with a pair of SL-1200s. Never front mayne.
0. Claptone – CREAM
1. Those Bloody Yanks! – Fur Electro
2. Chris Quirk – Spectres Call (Danny James Remix)
3. Skrillex – Breakin’ A Sweat (feat. The Doors) (Zedd Remix)
4. Arent & Raxell vs. Most Freedom – Brave New World (Farleon Remix)
5. Tonite Only – Haters Gonna Hate (Nicky Romero ‘Out of Space’ Remix)
6. James Egbert – Back to New
7. Dilemn – Never Stop
8. Madeon – Icarus (Extended Mix)
9. Mat Zo – Bipolar
10. Laidback Luke, Arno Cost, & Norman Doray – Trilogy
11. Carlo Astuti, Matthew LeFace – If You Would
12. EDX & Nadia Ali – This is Your Life
13. Antillas – Damaged (feat. Fiora)
14. EDX – Everything (feat. Hadley)
15. Parker & Hanson – Afterthought (Soundprank’s Deep 04 Mix)
16. Dinka – Lotus (New Guinea)
17. Modjo – Lady (Those Bloody Yanks! Remix)
Yes, you are just the cutest little thang I’ve ever seen. Fat or no fat.
We all love classics, and Lady is no exception. Modjo was only active for four years, from 1998 up until 2002, but they came out with a track to be remembered (by our generation, at least) for all time. Alas, the track was the definition of a one-hit wonder, but that doesn’t make it any less enjoyable, does it? The vocals are heartfelt and smooth, with a slight tinge of roboticness that predates the auto-tune sound. A certain warmth is felt from the track, and in our remix we recapture that vibe with a more modern context. Kick back, and enjoy our remix of Modjo – Lady. Our story starts off on a quiet harbor…
Okay, I’m not sure how the hell I fit twenty-three (count it – twenty-three!) tracks into an hour-long set, but it’s here. Try not to fall out of your seat. Knife Party is a new offshoot of Pendulum, the Australian-based band, and are a new force to be reckoned with. Naturally, we start off our electro segment with them, bring on the usual Zedd (who’s got some slammin’ tracks this month), and from there things just go nuts. Felguk, Tiesto, Dada Life, another Knife Party track, Skrillex, and Wolfgang Gartner tear that ish up! To cap off the excitement, we’ve got Cazette‘s remix of Levels, and then cool off into a Hardwell rework of the Tiesto/BT classic Love Comes Again. We’ve also got some great progressive tracks in the end by Nima Nesta and Guy Mantzur – these guys are newly-emerging on Beatport so check them out! If you’re still in the stone age and don’t know the fill on TBY!‘s Dirt 2 Vox DJ series, let us educate you: Dirt 2 Vox does just what its title states: starts off with some dirty electro then transitions to vocal and progressive tunes. It’s a roller coaster ride, and we’re happy to be your patrons. Enough yappin’, though. Let’s get onto the mix:
1. Knife Party – Tourniquet
2. Nicky Romero – Toulouse
3. Zedd – Slam the Door
4. Zedd – Stars Come Out
5. Tim Berg – Bromance (Cazzette Meets Ash Mix)
6. DJ Red & Revolvr – Lost My Adderall
7. Felguk – Bassive
8. Miles Dyson – Trackster
9. Tiesto – Tornado (feat. Steve Aoki)
10. Dada Life – Kick Out The Epic Motherfucker
11. Knife Party – Internet Friends
12. Skrillex & Wolfgang Gartner – The Devil’s Den
13. Swedish House Mafia & Knife Party – Antidote
14. Felguk – Blow Out (Electrixx Remix)
15. Sander van Doorn & Laidback Luke – Who’s Wearing the Cap
16. Leventina – Revolution
17. Spencer & Hill – Believe It ft. Nadia Ali (Cazzette Remix)
18. Avicii – Levels (Cazzette NYC Mode Mix)
19. Starkillers & Nadia Ali – Keep it Coming
20. Tiesto ft. BT – Love Comes Again (Hardwell 2011 Rework)
21. Ben Coda & Ad Brown – Timeless (Dinka Mystic Piano Remix)
22. Nima Nesta – Opus 44
23. Guy Mantzur – Mediterranean Blue
Direct Link to Mix: http://soundcloud.com/those-bloody-yanks/those-bloody-yanks-dirt-2
Did you know? Felguk is not singular: The group is comprised of a DJ and a Producer: Felipe Lozinsky and Gustavo Rozenthal. They hail from Brazil.
Well howdy folks, hope ya’ll are doin well! Do we have a treat for you or what? EDM Madness, the hottest EDM Facebook group with nearly 4,000 members has officially announced its podcast series, featuring DJs who are a part of the EDM Madness community. And awesomely enough, Those Bloody Yanks! have been chosen as the first contributors to this awesome line of mixes. In true Dirt 2 Vox TBY! style, we present to you the first ever EDM Madness podcast mix. Let it roll!
0. A TBY! Welcome
1. KNY Factory – Freak Out
2. JELO & King Kornelius – Yeigh! (Frederik Mooji Remix)
3. Bombs Away – Super Soaker (Rocket Pimp Remix)
4. Wolfgang Gartner – The Way It Was
5. Kaskade & Skrillex – Lick It
6. Far Too Loud – Megaloud
7. Lazy Rich – You Missed a Spot (Minero Remix)
8. Spencer & Hill ft. Nadia Ali – Believe It
9. Afrojack – Selecta
10. Hardwell – Cobra (Official Energy Anthem 2012)
11. Electrixx – The Music (Darth & Vader Remix)
12. Sarvi – Amore (DJ Chuckie Remix)
13. Avicii – Levels
14. Coldplay – Paradise (Fedde Le Grand Remix)
15. Sander van Doorn – Drink to Get Drunk
16. Filip Jenven ft. Max C – Lifting it Higher (Micha Moor Remix)
17. Sergi Domene, Joan Reyes & Amba Shepherd – Black & White
18. Florence & The Machine – You’ve Got the Love (Mark Knight Bootleg)
19. Envotion – The Last Wave
Direct Link to Mix: http://soundcloud.com/those-bloody-yanks/those-bloody-yanks-edm-madness
Angie Chang is the creator of EDM Madness and basically kicks a lot of ass. Bringing the EDM community together one “Like” at a time.